The goal of the project
The goal of this project was to design and build an application. I chose to develop a unit converter from scratch. I wanted to challenge myself and build an application, which would be difficult for any novice programmer.
I did my best and worked diligently to accomplish this project. I am aware that this app could have been done better however, this is my first project ever done completely by myself - being a total JS beginner 😉.
What is UnitConverted.com
UnitConverted.com is a free unit converter where you can easily convert all common types of units: length, temperature, area, volume, weight, time, and speed. It is a super helpful tool if you expect to have some units converted fast. In addition, you can read the definitions of each unit with direct reference to scientific sources.
- - Xd
- - Ai
- - HTML5
- - SASS/SCSS
Programming problems to solve
- - program the category search filter
- - write functions that will convert a user input value and return converted value when the "convert" button is clicked
- - program select options so a user can change units easily in the app's interface
- - access DOM elements to display dynamically a calculation result and formula of calculation on the screen
General designing concepts
- - dark color scheme
- - modern and clean UI
- - easy to navigate interface
- - design that is memorable and stands out from competing applications
I am happy that I was able to write my first application. It is not something innovative, but it is mine, from A to Z designed and coded by me. I am aware that it could be coded way better so I hope to come back to this project one day and refactor this spaghetti code 🍝.